Per Stirling Volunteers! – Austin Parks & Trails
Per Stirling decided to take on Austin Parks and Trails for the November Volunteer Initiative. There are plenty of ways that friends, family or coworkers can get involved to help improve and support our parks and trails around Austin.
Our team joined forces with The Trail Foundation and spread compost over 3 acres of land along Lady Bird Lake Trail along the Festival Beach Area. Afterwards, wildflower seeds from various native Texas wildflowers were planted and are expected to bloom in Spring.
The Trail Foundation, formerly known as the Town Lake Trail Foundation, was formed in 2003 to “continue the work of the citizen’s committee and ensure that the trail remains one of Austin’s outstanding places.”
If you would like to participate to help keep Austin beautiful and ensure we have green spaces for years to come. Here are some ways to help and spread awareness:
- Donate Funds:
- Austin Parks: https://austinparks.org/donate/
- Trail Foundation: https://thetrailfoundation.org/give/ways-to-give/
- Keep Austin Beautiful: https://keepaustinbeautiful.org/donate-now/
- Take steps around your house or local greenbelt to help with the health of the environment. This can include just picking up trash when you see it, joining your neighborhood cleanup group or composting. Here is a great article on composting in the City of Austin: https://keepaustinbeautiful.org/blog/what-is-compost-why-does-it-matter/
- Hands on Volunteering:https://thetrailfoundation.org/act/volunteer-opportunities/.
During the month of December we will be supporting Partnerships for Children and their Holiday Wishes campaign.
Tis’ the Season, for giving and making children’s wishes come true!